Sunday, April 6, 2014

Spring Break creative rush

I just finished my spring break, and as usual, it was a creative rush. I finished some pages for Big Picture Classes I'll talk about later, and I made about 6 layouts. Here's one of my favorites:




My boys have just started skating this year. I'm a bad Minnesota mom for not getting them skating and playing hockey early, but what can I say? They are not the proper build to be a good hockey player. Still, they need to learn to skate, so I enrolled them in lessons this winter. This page commemorated their first lessons.

I used Studio Calico's Copper Mountain kit for this, plus some add-ons. I also added one of their tags they earned for passing level one skating. The color matched the rest of the page. Here's some details:


I LOVED the wood veneer circles in the kit, but I was saving it for the perfect page. The circles reminded me of the ice rink, so I loved using it here. I added some school supply embellishments and papers because it was school, just skating school.


I am almost out of these veneer letters, so I am making up for letter deficits. I used an upside-down U for an N, and I trimmed an F to make a T.


You can see how this embellishment cluster mimics the cluster on the left. That helps balance the layout.

Thank you for checking out my page! I challenge you to use school supplies on a non-school page.

1 comment:

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Love this one.....I can see why it is one of your favorite ones for the week! The wood veneer & elements look super with your skating photos! Neat layout!