Friday, June 27, 2014

Scrapbooking faith milestones

I have not scrapped many of my boys' faith milestones. This one I did, though, because they shared it: First Communion.

Dominic is one year younger than Rowan, but he is in the same Sunday School class, so when the class started studying communion, he did too. Eventually, he asked, "Can I commune too?" I wasn't sure if he could, but I asked, and our church said he could, so he did. In addition to communing for the first time, both boys played music on Maundy Thursday--Rowan the piano and Dominic the violin--and at the end of the service, as the kids cleared the altar to prepare for Good Friday, Rowan removed the everlasting candle. It was a powerful service.

Here's the page I made to celebrate the occasion:


I used a sketch from Simple Scrapper. Not many embellishments, which I love to do, but the focus is on the story instead, which is OK.In case you're curious, the photo on the lower right is a reenactment of the DaVinci painting The Last Supper, which our church did throughout the Lenten service. My husband played Thaddeus (We called him Daddeus), and the final reenactment was on Maundy Thursday, the same day as my boys' first communion.

Thank you for sharing in this special moment for our family and the page I made to document our faith milestone!

No comments: