Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Memorializing lost pets with scrapbooking

A month ago we lost our cat due to old age. I have taken a lot of pictures of her this past year, so I put them together on a page to remember the sweetest moments with her. Here it is:




I used a Simple Scrapper sketch for August here. Most of the photos I had taken on my phone, including the bottom one, which was my last photo of her. I used products from my July Studio Calico kit, picking products I thought reflected affection. The days of the week paper I picked because she sat on my shoulders every day, loving to cuddle with me as I scrapped.

It was cathartic scrapbooking this page, remembering my cat as she was when she was healthy. We are not near to getting another cat--I need time to mourn--but I do love looking at her darling face.

No comments: