Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Scrapbooking the weather

I have been a weather junkie for a while. It might be something about Minnesota, but I love watching the weather and making plans accordingly. This year I scrapped the weather, first with the polar vortex:


And this month with June's (almost) record setting rain:


And the details:




I used an older November sketch and an August story starter from Simple Scrapper for this page, as well as using up an older Studio Calico kit and this month's kit with this page. I also went high on themed products: Months ago I had bought the weather veneer, having no clue when to use them. They sat in my stash for months, so when I made this page, I went to town on the rain and clouds. Lots of fun picking a title too, as there are MANY song titles that fit: It's Raining Again, Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head, Who'll Stop the Rain, Buckets of Rain...Sigh.

Thank you for checking out my page! I'll share my second August Simple Scrapper page later this week.

2 comments:

alisonm said...

I love this! The doily, the photo placement, the circles, the wooden embellies... so perfect and can I say, a little out of your norm, non-lineal!!!

Megan D said...

I feel like we are going to have the exact same winter and spring pages. Cold and flooding. Gorgeous as usual.