Friday, November 28, 2014

My December pages for Scrapbook Circle!

A very busy month is almost done, and it's time for me to share the pages I made for Scrapbook Circle's December kit We Are Made of Stories! (Be aware that there is also a special on past kits right now for $15; have fun shopping!) Here's my first page for December:





This first layout is one I tend to do every year, a page about December with representative photos of the month. I used the main plus silver word stickers and die cut bits from the add-on Favorite Elf. The page design is usually a grid for me when I have this many photos; the Elle's Studio diamond paper called Holiday Quilt; I cut it to randomly cover some of the photos. I like the look.

(Embarrasssing note: I'm pretty sure these photos are from 2012. Sigh. I'll have to change the date.





 Next I used my FAVORITE paper from the main, the Elle's Studio Star of Wonder paper. The circles inspired me to use circles on this page. I used the Favorite Elf add-on for the 6x6 pad, which is perfect for punching embellishment circles and getting small strips without cutting into bigger sheets of paper. The wood snowflakes also came from the add-on. Just lovely.

(Interesting note: I design the page before I picked the photos for it. Then when I went to pick the unscripted sledding photos from last year, I found that it had been too cold to go sledding! We had only gone once, and those were scrapped. This was a good enough excuse to go sledding for us, what with this early winter!)




Any time I have Holiday papers and products, I try to make pages that are not holiday based. I made two, including this page about my son, who stood so still the birds docked to him, no small feat with his ADHD. I love the mix of aqua and gold and wood.





Finally, another page made with the kit and not about the holidays. The deer paper made me think of Renaissance hunting parties in England, which inspired this page about this autumn's Renaisaance family feast. I mainly used the main kit, plus silver word stickers and the 6x6 paper pad for banners from the add-on. I also used the stamps (the stamped images I trimmed and adhered them with dimensional stickers) and the tags from the main.

Thank you for checking out my pages! I had so much fun playing with this kit. So versatile and fun! Please check out Scrapbook Circle for the kit and add-on, and have fun scrapping!

No comments: