Saturday, January 17, 2015

Stuff on the table

I love to put lots of stuff on my pages. I mostly make use of the kits I get, plus digging into a basket in which I keep my most recent embellishments before I put them away into my stash files. Sometimes, though, I keep something on my scrap table (lap desk) for a while because it didn't make it onto a page, and I forget to put it away.

Eventually, though, these little embellishments start to bug me. I really should use them or put them away! At that point, I dedicate myself to putting them on the next page I make. No matter what.

Here's one of the earliest pages where I did that:


This was back when Simple Scrapbooks was still published and had a challenge blog. I think it might have been a challenge to use stuff lying around your table. See those strips and ribbon? They were on the table, along with the flowers, pins, and sequins. I love this page. The rub-on is Hambly--I think I still have some of those, and I did the cut out with my Coluzzle, which I still have and use. Sigh. *nostalgia!*

Lately, I had some wood veneer birds I thought about using on a page, but I never did. These birds stared at me as I scrapped until finally I put them on a page. Here it is:

(Sorry the color is a bit off. This was during dark December, and I had to tweak the lighting on my computer.)

I had made this page using up last bits of a fall kit. I had laid the vellum over cardstock, put the patterned paper on the bottom, used Project Life cards to frame the photo, and used wood to back the title. I then added the hearts and thought I needed more wood, but had no more hearts. And thus came the birds onto the page. It has nothing to do with birds, unless you think that there's two of them, and they represent my boys, but that's a stretch. They just look cute because they are wooden birds and they complement the other accents.

Here's some details:



Thank you for checking out my pages! If you haven't ever, try using something lying around on a page. It's fun sometimes to make it work!

No comments: