Sunday, February 15, 2015

First and last

I've been working to finish up some kits. For me, I love diving into a new kit, using any supply I want  to make the perfect page. I've always struggled with the last page I make from a kit, though. My biggest problem is that I try to use everything up, instead of picking my favorites then digging into my stash to supplement. Here's a recent page I did to use up a kit that I DO love:



I dug into my stash for the foam letter stickers. I just didn't like the letters left over or didn't have enough. I also added buttons from my stash. The buttons were just lying on my table and I thought they'd look good.

Once I finished that kit, I got started on a new one, one I put off using until I had used up the old one. Here it is:





I still dug into my stash for this: those sequins come from an American Crafts set of Halloween sequins, of all things.

I love kits because they are preselected to match, and they are a way to build my scrap stash which allows me to supplement my pages when my kit starts to run dry. I tend to set scrap goals for myself with kits--6-9 are my goals for a kit, depending on how many add-on kits I get.

Now here's an important note: My Scrapbook Circle kits rarely run dry of supplies before I make my goal of 6-9 pages. I want to mention that because a special is going on this weekend, and there's still time to get in on it:


You can buy the wonderful February scrapbook Circle February kit AND get an in-stock past kit for free. This is a great way to build your stash and enjoy wonderful coordinated kits monthly.

I'll be back soon to share a page I've been struggling with.

No comments: