Saturday, April 11, 2015

Using the end of a kit

I love kits--I've bought and subscribed to many kits for about 7 years, and I now happily design for Scrapbook Circle. Recently I got a kit I didn't really like from Studio Calico, where I still subscribe. When I first start using a kit, I find it easy to make it fit my style, no matter what products are there. I thought I would share the last few pages I made with this kit I didn't care for to show how I made them fit my style, regardless of product.

Here is the first of the last pages I made with this kit.


They are doing a lot of construction at my school to prepare for new enrollment. I took a picture of my old office being dismantled and scrapped about my feelings about the change. Here's what I did that fit my style:

  1. I used an 8x12 photo of the office and scrapped on it.
  2. I used strips of patterned paper.
  3. I clustered the journaling and embellishments
  4. I sewed.
  5. I added sprinkles of sequins (this is a new thing for me).

The next page I actually got inspiration from while I was sorting leftover wood veneer letters. I was searching for ready-made words I could use as titles, and I found a COMPLETE set of numbers, 1-10. That inspired this page about my odd habits:



In addition to the style elements above, here's what I did to make this me:

  1. I cut pieces into circles.
  2. I stamped.
  3. I used strong lines. 

The next page is also a list. A few months ago I blogged about my loathe list at Write Click Scrapbook. Since this kit included a set of numbered labels, I used them as a base for the page:



Some more things that are me:

  1. White space.
  2. Mixed font title.
  3. Multiple patterned papers (look in the wood veneer photo block).

Finally, a page using some double photos my mom gave me. I have already scrapped the event, so I scrapped out love of art, taking inspiration from the title of a Facebook page.


Nothing really new in this page from what I added before. Just me keeping true to being me. :-)

Thank you for letting me share how I use products I'm not so keen on to make pages that are still true to me. I hope it inspires you to figure out what you love to do when you scrapbook so that you can make pages that you love, no matter what you use.

No comments: