Saturday, June 27, 2015

July pages for Simple Scrapper

Hello! June is winding down, and I wanted to share the pages I made for next month's Simple Scrapper. First, the layout I made that used one of the new sketches for July:




I LOVE this sketch (based on a digital template for those of you digital scrappers). The blocks on the right make it so easy to add more photos if you want. It also solved a dilemma for me: I wanted to scrap my son's play, but my photos were not great (taken in the audience in the dark). This sketch gave me the idea of using his professional head shot on the left and the stage shots, printed smaller, on the right. Here's some details:




Next is the first of two pages I made using July's story starters.I loved the theme for this month, so much that I made two pages from the story starters.


The theme for the gallery involves music. This is a song that takes me back to studying abroad in Germany, hence the picture. (That's me on the right with a bob.) I used the June Scrapbook Circle kit Have a Little Fun Today for much of this page, plus a few Project Life cards and some Jillibean Soup letters for the title. I also used some great Gossamer Blue On My Desk puffy stickers, which if you look close you can also see on the above layout as well. The song in the title you can see here:



It's a terrific song,  with poignant lyrics that perfectly encapsulate youth and growing older and looking back. Here's some details:




The next page I also used a story starter from July, this time a song that brings me back to a moment of joy. Yes, I made another page about Star Wars:


I was inspired by this old photo of my elder son in a cart, which reminded me of the story I journaled about. The last Studio Calico kit was called Galileo, so some elements in the scrapbook kit and Project Life kit were perfect for a Star Wars page: the planet, the "D is for"card, on which I wrote Darth Vader's theme, and the Father's Day paper, which contained the word "Vader," which I circled every time I saw it. The puffy stars came from stash and fit the theme. Here's the details:



Thank you for checking out my pages! Remember, Simple Scrapper releases layered digital templates every month, plus 10 thematic story starters, in addition to fostering a community built around scrapbooking purposefully and easily. If you haven't considered joining, please check it out! I found next month's products particularly inspiring, and I'm sure you would too.

No comments: