Thursday, August 20, 2015

Finishing projects part 2: a messy mini

Hello again! I'm still working on finishing up as many projects as I can this summer in anticipation of a busy school year. Here's my updated list:
  1. Finish creating the boys' 5th and 6th grade school album pages
  2. Edit and print photos from Custer S.P. (2011)
  3. Create mini albums with thank you cards from school
  4. Finish the Disney album (2010)
  5. Update the Easter mini-album
  6. Complete the iScrap class/album
  7. Complete the Get Messy class/album
  8. Ask Derick to finish journaling his London album
  9. Complete 5 Vacation Faves (2015)
  10. Create cards for my Dad
  11. Rowan school album photos: 3rd, 5th, and 6th; class photo 4th and 6th
  12. Dominic school album photos: 2nd, 4th, and 5th;class photo 3rd and 5th
I decided to kill two birds with one stone and use the mini-album from the Get Messy class for my 5 Vacation Faves album this year. Here's the cover:


I had gesso'd the cover a long time ago and finally got around to using a mask and modeling paste, punches, more gesso, and mist to finish it up. Here's the back cover:


I finished the lessons in the class--there were about 7--to do the internal pages for each family member. Here's the inside pages:



The font I used up here on the right is a nice one I should use more often called "Wolf in the City."


Most of the products I used came with a kit I bought with the class. I also used stuff lying around, like some journaling cards cut from patterned paper from Shimelle's first collection, I think.



More modeling paste and a different way to mist.




This is maybe the one part of the project I may change. We had to create a pocket with vellum and confetti punches, so I did it with my son's picture. I think it would have looked better with a photo where he was occupying more of the frame. As a result, I may add another photo of him somewhere, maybe by adding another page.


Another note about the pocket page: I put this flair on the inside of the pocket and it didn't look good, so I cut it out and adhered it on the outside, adding the number sticker to cover the cut.


This might be my favorite page spread. I stamped with a couple texture square stamps in different colors to make a photo mat. Not in the class lesson, just an idea I got.


Thank you for checking out my mini-album! I am so happy with it, even though it isn't what I typically do. The class is no longer available, but you might check out Studio Calico and ask; they do seem to bring it back or offer updated versions.

(One final confession: I technically haven't finished the class yet. I haven't done the photo transfer--there were three techniques taught--because I wasn't sure how I wanted to use them. Now I have three ideas, two for this mini-album and one for scrapbook page, so I should finish that lesson (and therefore the class) shortly. I'll share those when I get done.)

No comments: