Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Scrapbooking the books and the Bakken

Before school starts again, I want to share the pages I made for Simple Scrapper's September gallery. Here's the first:


The story starters for the month involve books. I have to tell you that I am so excited by them and will be using them again and again. This page involves my night stand and setting a goal to finish the books I had on them. I have to admit, I worried about the title, fearing it looked too much like "One Night Stand." LOL. I used an older sketch for this page. Here's some details:


I mostly used October Afternoon's Public Library collection for this page. I thought the colors and themes were perfect.


I wasn't sure if I should put the actual books I've read and plan to read in the next year. Aesthetically I worried it looked too cluttered. I left it on there, though, because I know writing things down makes me more likely to achieve my goal.


The next page uses a current sketch to record my son's magical experience at the Bakken Museum Summer Camp.


I flipped the sketch to match the orientation of the photos, realizing too late that this made the page look awfully similar to the last one. Oh well! Here's some details:


I used more October Afternoon Public Library and Daily Flash Milk Money, plus a gorgeous old piece of Bella Blvd computer paper.


Since the Bakken celebrates electricity, I was able to pull out every light bulb embellishment I own and get some serious thematic use out of them.


The title is supposed to be a play on the phrase "Release the Kraken." And the yellow Thickers, which are old, I had to adjust since I was out of e's and n's. I squooshed a c into an e, and I trimmed an M to make an n.

Thank you for checking out my pages! Please visit Simple Scrapper and check out their membership. You'll find lots of inspiration in the form of story starters and sketches/digital templates. As I said, this month would be a good one to join because of the amazing story starters.

No comments: