Sunday, January 8, 2017

New year, new memories: January pages for Simple Scrapper

Hello!  It's been a cold start of the year here in Minnesota. This week should be warmer, but them it will chill down again in time for me to leave town with some friends. Until then, here are some pages I made for Simple Scrapper January:


This page uses a January story starter, which is about friendship.  I wrote about friendship as a military kid, which could be challenging because of moves. Since I grew up in the 70s and 80s, I picked warmer colors, which reminded me of the seventies.




The sketch for January inspired me to scrap the mammoth rain storm we got in Maple Grove this fall--10 inches!  I had taken a photo from a weather app from my phone and printed it for the page--it showed the epicenter of the storm over my house. I took many photos of the aftermath the next day, but I only picked one for the page from my favorite walk, now flooded over, and I recorded the story of the night before:




Thank you for checking out my page! I just finished a page about Christmas, so I'll share that later this week. 

No comments: