Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Scrap retreat: Two-page layouts

I'm back to share the two page layouts I made at my scrap retreat last month. One I can't share: it will be published in the Spring issue of Scrapbook and Cards Today. Woot! Here's the other pages:


I think this might be my favorite. We went to an orchard when my mom was here this past fall, so I put together wallet-sized photos with my favorite in a 4x6 photo. I used some newer products by Jen Hadfield and some Cathy Zielske stamps and chalks for the title (I'm trying to use some long-neglected products). Bonus: I had forgotten to put two photos on the page, so I managed to put them on the right side and still not make it look busy.

Next is a page about my last spring break:


We visited two places: Chicago, which is the page that is published, and Holland. I loved picking traditionally springlike colors for this page, paired with some vacation embellishments. Plus: I love the stained glass photo in the middle. The circle is nice in the middle.

Next is a summer visit to the Science Museum:


This was a surprise when we visited: we got the opportunity to visit the storage stacks, where they showed all that they had in the vaults. I tried to keep the book Relic out of my mind while we were there, and it mostly worked. The boys had a blast, and I recorded our favorite parts. Highly recommended if your Science Museum offers a visit behind the stacks.

Finally, another old haunt, the Arboretum:


I mentioned before that I've been trying to use some Project Life products and kits. On this page I used some of my Ali Edwards story kits. I think it worked. I used as background some beloved Fancy Pants old paper. I had to retool the background paper to make the flourishes match more.

Thank you for checking out my pages! I love doing two-page layouts, and I hope this gives you ideas for how to make them work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

great pages!!! fun to see 'local' pictures :)
thanks for sharing!!