Friday, March 31, 2017

Birthday scrapbooking layout for my dad

My father recently had a birthday. He is at an age where he doesn't really need anything, so I make him a scrapbook page instead. He and my mom display it in a frame until I send another page, then they put it in an album and display the new page.

This page is sort of special for him. My dad was a Navy pilot, so it was no surprise that he thought to give my son a drone on his birthday so that he too could experience flight--in a way. Here's the page I made about the drone:


I took a lot of photos, but this was my favorite, showing both my son and my husband as they watched the drone in the air. I used an old piece of Basic Grey paper, which had such a lovely pattern I didn't use much else. I also added bits of a Cathy Zielske set of Project Life cards and embellishments I got at Joann's, which paired nicely with the aqua background. I trimmed or punched some designs from the cards to add to the page and used some wood veneer from the kit as well.



My dad's not a sequin guy, but it seemed to fit the page.

Thank you for stopping by! I'll be sharing my April pages for Simple Scrapper soon, so stop by again.

No comments: