Sunday, April 30, 2017

Halloween in April: mini album acorss the years

Hello! Spring is definitely here in Minnesota, but I tend to scrap off season, so I decided to tackle some mini albums that were unfinished.

First, I added this past year's photo to the family Halloween album. I thought it would be easier to make this mini with my Bind-it-all so that I could  add new pages every year for as long as my boys dressed up.


I dug into my Halloween Iris container for this mini, mostly using October Afternoon with a little Elle's Studio and Authentique.


This first page was blank. I can see myself journaling a bit on this when they have grown up, but for right  now it's empty.


When I make a mini-album, I tend to use the same pattern for each spread. Here I liked the idea of the boys' photo taking up a full page, then the facing page having a pattered paper background with an embellishment cluster and the year. This next spread is my favorite photo I've ever taken of the boys:


Sometimes being a brother is better than being a superhero.

Here are the rest of the pages:


 

 





(One thing: You'll note that Dominic comes up to Rowan's chin. Since then, he is up to his eyes. Wow. He is growing so fast right now. When he finishes dinner, he asks for a snack.  I'm trying to avoid buying shoes and pants right now because he is growing so fast.)


I left the last page blank. If they get costumes next year, I'll use this as the page with the embellishments and the year. If not, this will be the end.


And the just plain back cover.

That is my mini! I have become enamored with making stuff that highlights the boys across the years. When I finish the next one, I will share it. That one involves baseball.

No comments: